- Is this a green field project, i.e. do you have any legacy code to integrate?
- What type of application is this going to be?
- Is there need for wizards with suspend/restart functionality?
- What are you using for persistence?
- Do you have need for DI container?
- Is there a need for "flashy" desktop feel to the application?
- What is experience level of developers who will develop this application?
Before jumping in bed with a framework make sure that development staff is comfortable and understands underlying technology, i.e. does not have to be retrained. Make sure that picked technology fits with a business direction/objectives/strategy few years in a future. Don't get caught up in a short term trends or you will suffer pains of complete rewrite when business focus changes.